Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Which special ability would you prefer?







Heroes







Heroes. Currently I'm watching a series called Heroes, by NBC. With the advertised tagline "Ordinary people discovering extraordinary abilities" when first introduced, you can never go wrong with this kind of show. I've watched till episode 12 now and still rooting for more.

My favorite character in the show would be Hiro Nakamura. Yes he's a Japanese. The way he pronounce "very" as "bery" and "villain" as "billain". LOL. But my friend told me that is the way the Japanese pronounce those words.

Here's a few of the special ability that they have. So which one would you prefer?

1. Fly
2. Predict the future
3. Superhuman strength
4. Ability to heal own physical injuries
5. Hear other people's thoughts.
6. Manipulate space and time continuum (Hiro's ability)
7. Invisibility
8. Power to alter physical tangibility and phase through solid objects (something like the "billain" in Terminator 2, but not to that extent)

Those listed up there are only a few ability of the main casts. There's one ability that can persuade people to do the stuff that you told them to do and they will follow. I think this is one of the most powerful ability in the world, but the character has been killed off.

If I were able to choose one from the list above, I would choose no. 5, ability to hear people's thought. Why? Hmm because humans are complicated. Would like to know what actually is in other people's mind. Ok larr in other words, busy body? LOL. There are pros and cons if you have extraordinary power. As the quote in Spiderman, "Great power comes with great responsibility" You can't just simply use your own power to do bad.

Which one of those that I hate the most? Same, no.5. It's like crossing over people's line, without any permission to read their thoughts. I would hate it if people read my thoughts without me knowing. If I were to have that power, what if I heard some secrets that I'm not suppose to know? Keep it to myself? Or spread it out to everyone? Darn, it's hard to be extraordinary.

So conclusion? I'm happy being ordinary :P If I really want an ability, that would be the ability to know myself better. I still don't know who I am after 24 years plus of existence. What a loser!!

Anyway, go watch this series ok? :)

No comments: